As a mentor, you will be matched with current high school students at South Omaha High School and Omaha North High School. You will serve as a leader, coach, role model, and friend. Mentors help high school students navigate academic and career decisions as well as extra-curricular activities and personal concerns. The mentoring occurs via weekly telephone conversations and in-person, program-sponsored events.
The NEBRASKA College Preparatory Academy (NCPA) works with first-generation and low-income students and families in Omaha, Nebraska and Grand Island, Nebraska. NCPA’s mission is to prepare and graduate qualified students with both a high school and college degree.
Benefits to Mentors:
- Earn up to $200 per semester
- Develop leadership and communication skills through bi-monthly trainings
- Boost resume through service and diversity experience
- Access to UNL staff as resources for own career development
- Make a difference in the lives of young people
- Get to know other mentors dedicated to making a difference
To apply online: http://tinyurl.com/NCPAapp
If you have further questions, please contact our Mentor Coordinator:
UNL Admissions Building, 1410 Q St.
More details at: http://tinyurl.com/NCPAapp