Nominations for Honorary Degrees are being accepted for the current academic year. Honorary Degree recipients are individuals who are not only highly accomplished, but also nationally visible such that honor will be brought to UNL as well as to the recipients.
Following are guidelines for selecting Honorary Degree recipients:
· Persons who have rendered distinguished service to the University of Nebraska;
· Persons who have rendered distinguished service to the State of Nebraska;
· Graduates, former students, or former employees who have achieved distinction; or
· Persons of high distinction, from this country or abroad, who are not necessarily associated with the University or the State of Nebraska.
To initiate a nomination:
1. Download linked form (below) and complete with the name of your nominee, brief biography, a description of the nominee’s accomplishments, and recommended Honorary Degree title for the nominee. We ask that you not notify the individual that they are being nominated.
2. Secure the appropriate college dean’s signature.
3. Submit the completed form to Kim Rauscher, Executive Assistant to the Chancellor, at 201 ADMS (0419) or email@example.com
4. Deadline for submission is Sept. 30.
If you have any questions, contact William Nunez, Associate to the Chancellor, at 402-472-2116 or firstname.lastname@example.org
More details at: http://go.unl.edu/tgb