N-E Ride, the college's free shuttle service between campuses in Lincoln and Omaha, will not be in service during the summer. Friday, May 19, the last day of the spring semester, will be the last day for the usual N-E Ride weekday schedule.More details at: https://engineering.unl.edu/n-e-ride/
View students’ capstone projects that have real-world impact at the following senior design events: the College of Engineering Senior Design Showcase (Friday, May 12 at the NU Coliseum) and the School of Computing Senior Design Showcase (Tuesday, May 9 at the Nebraska Union). Continue reading…More details at: https://engineering.unl.edu/undergraduate-programs/senior-design-showcase/
Patrick Cunningham, professor of mechanical engineering at Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology, will present the Discipline-Based Education Research Seminar, “Teaching Metacognition to Support Students Becoming More Skillful Learners,” Thursday, May 4 from 2-3 p.m. in the Nebraska Union & via Zoom. Continue reading…
Highlighting the Nebraska Engineering community receiving recognition in the media.
- Nineteen College of Engineering faculty receive promotion and/or tenure. https://engineering.unl.edu/news/230417/promtion_tenure/
FACULTY AND RESEARCH
- Jongwan Eun discusses control of landfill gas using geomembranes on Geoenvironmental Engineering Webinars vidcast. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtST_pzDvUQ
- KMTV features Marc Maguire using hemp to develop carbon-negative alternative to cement construction blocks. https://go.unl.edu/qf6r
- Miniature surgical robot developed by Shane Farritor and Virtual Incision, featured in Midwest Moxie (https://go.unl.edu/cog7) and in Nebraska Public Media’s “What If” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05dPffwVaWw and Virtual Incision's move to new offices is featured in the Lincoln Journal Star (https://go.unl.edu/gzv5).
- Jerry Hudgins discusses the complexities of wind energy with NRT. https://go.unl.edu/73gr
- Aaron Yoder talks about how wearable technology can make agriculture safer. https://go.unl.edu/cpy6
- As part of service-learning focus, Nebraska Engineering students volunteer at Bike Kitchen to repair donated bicycles for area youth and adults in need. https://engineering.unl.edu/news/230412/students_bike_kitchen/
- Three engineering student-led startups earn funding from NUtech, college. https://engineering.unl.edu/news/230419/startups_pitch_competition/
- Doctoral student Grant Phillips, who tests UAV swarms for NIMBUS lab, featured in NSRI article. https://go.unl.edu/7u59
If you or someone you know been featured in the media, contact Karl Vogel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration is now open for the third annual UNL All-Staff Conference to be held May 22-23 in the Nebraska East Union. The conference theme is IMPACT: Cultivating Change Through Action to Create Lasting Impact. Attendance is limited to the first 300 registrants at the link below.More details at: https://staff-conference.unl.edu/
Events of interest for College of Engineering faculty and staff:
4/28: Women in STEM Day, 8 a.m., Nebraska Union https://engineering.unl.edu/women-stem-day/
5/4: DBER Seminar: Patrick Cunningham, "Teaching Metacognition to Support Students Becoming More Skillful Learners," 2-3 p.m., Nebraska Union Platte River South Room or via Zoom. https://unl.zoom.us/j/212107342
5/5: Raikes School 2023 Design Studio Showcase, all day, Nebraska Innovation Campus. https://events.unl.edu/engineering/2023/05/05/171849/
5/9: School of Computing Senior Design Showcase, 1-4 p.m., Nebraska Union. https://computing.unl.edu/senior-design/
5/12: Master of Engineering Management Information Session, noon-1 p.m., via Zoom. https://engineering.unl.edu/mem/upcoming-online-info-sessions/
5/12: Graduate Programs: Coffee and Conversations, 10-11 a.m., Chase Hall (room TBD). https://events.unl.edu/cse/2023/05/12/169379/
5/12: COE Senior Design Showcase, 1-4 p.m., NU Coliseum.
5/19: Spring Undergraduate Commencement (Scott Campus), 9 a.m., Baxter Arena. https://www.unomaha.edu/special-events/commencement/day-of-ceremony/schedule.php
5/19: Spring Graduate Commencement and Doctoral Hooding Ceremony, 3 p.m., Bob Devaney Sports Center. https://commencement.unl.edu
5/20: Spring Undergraduate Commencement (City Campus), 9 a.m., Memorial Stadium. https://commencement.unl.edu