Education Abroad Fair

Education Abroad Fair
Education Abroad Fair

Join us at the Education Abroad Fair on Tuesday, September 21st, from 11-2pm in the Union Plaza by the fountain!

Learn about education abroad opportunities including study, research, internships and volunteering abroad! Faculty leaders and program providers will have tables set up and are happy to talk with you or you can just pick up fliers if you only have a few minutes.

What is the difference between faculty-led, provider and exchange programs?

Faculty-led programs are courses developed, taught, and led by UNL faculty member(s) but instead of sitting in a classroom at UNL you take the class in another country. Courses are often experiential and, in some cases, the faculty leader will arrange internship and/or service learning opportunities. You will study with other UNL students. Locations and courses vary each year so keep checking MyWorld for additional programs.

Provider programs are education abroad programs administered by other U.S. and foreign universities, nonprofit organizations, and private companies. These programs offer you a wide range of disciplines and destinations and can focus on study, internship, research or service learning. Program cost, course selection, on-site staff support, and deadlines vary by program. Be sure to check all of the program information in MyWorld and on the provider’s website before starting an application.

Are you interested in an exchange program? Challenge and distinguish yourself by studying as a fully-integrated student at a host institution for a semester or academic year. Exchange programs demand a high level of maturity and independence. Language programs often require strong language skills and there are some opportunities for newer language learners. The opportunities are competitive and deadlines are earlier than other program types. Exchange programs can be very cost-effective, as you will pay tuition and fees to UNL for 15 credit hours at your usual tuition rate based on your major and resident/non-resident status and take classes at the partner institution.

More details at: