The SNR Wellness Team is promoting an event, All About You, on behalf of the UNL Wellness Initiative.
All About You is a free event that provides wellness assessments and resources to Nebraska employees and students on the seven components of wellness: physical, emotional, environmental, occupational, intellectual, spiritual and social. It is also an opportunity to assess Body Mass Index and blood pressure, as well as complete a fasting wellness blood profile. These numbers are important for completing the UNL Health Risk Assessment, which is done during open enrollment and provides incentives to Nebraska employees through their insurance.
The SNR Wellness Team has a goal of getting 30 people from SNR, including students, to participate as part of the SNR Wellness Plan for AY17. Departments with the most participation may win a free cooking demonstration. Participants must choose a day to attend and then register to ensure their presence is counted. Further information on dates/times and registration can be found below:
• Oct. 20 and Nov. 3 – 8 to 10 a.m. at the Nebraska East Union Great Plains Room: (http://go.unl.edu/allaboutyou-east)
• Oct. 27 – 8 to 10 a.m. at Nebraska Union Centennial Room and Nov. 2 – 8 to 10 a.m. at Nebraska Union Ballroom: (http://go.unl.edu/allaboutyou-city)
If not completing a fasting wellness blood profile, select a non-fasting ticket when register and attend the event any time between 8 and 10 a.m. If completing a fasting wellness blood profile, select a 15-minute time slot; cost is $25. When arriving at the event, participants will be given an assessment form to indicate which department they are from.
For more information on this event, contact one of the members of the SNR Wellness Team:
• Crystal Stiles (SNR Wellness Ambassador and faculty representative): (email@example.com)
• Mark Mesarch (SNR staff representative): (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Sarah Spier (SNR graduate student representative): (email@example.com)
For more information on the SNR wellness initiative or to sign up for the SNR wellness information listserv, please visit: (http://snr.unl.edu/employeeinfo/wellness/index.asp).
More details at: http://snr.unl.edu/employeeinfo/wellness/index.asp