The Night of Listening, held Tuesday, Feb. 21, 2017, from 7-8:30 p.m., in the Nebraska Union, Centennial Room, will create a space for students and Nebraska elected officials to share with and listen to each others' hopes and visions for safe and productive communities in Nebraska and nationwide.
• Students will participate in the political process by engaging in dialogue with elected officials.
• Students will have the opportunity to write letters to their representatives and present their letters individually and/or on behalf of their Recognized Student Organizations (RSOs).
• Students will be able to speak their views, as well as listen to the views of their peers and those of elected officials in a civil and productive manner.
How to get involved:
(“Listen. Find common ground. Take action.”)
• Before the event (not required), write a letter to elected official(s) and drop it off at the Night of Listening. At the event, we will have letterboxes for each member of congress, the unicameral state senators, and Lincoln city council members. Postcards will also be available at the event if you think of anything to write that night and wish to share with the elected officials.
• Come to the Night of Listening on Tuesday, Feb. 21, at 7:00 p.m.! Bring your ideas and visions for the kind of communities you want to help create and live in, both here in Nebraska and nation-wide.
• Listen to others as they share their visions. Find common ground with peers and elected officials. Establish a plan with your peers and/or elected officials to take action on an idea that you discussed.
More details at: http://newsroom.unl.edu/announce/journalism/6344/35517