The Lincoln VITA Coalition is a free service in partnership with the UNL Tax Credit Campaign, preparing tax returns for low-income, working families and students.
It is sponsored by the University of Nebraska–Lincoln in conjunction with the Lincoln EITC Coalition.
Each and every taxpayer has a set of fundamental rights they should be aware of when dealing with the IRS. The Lincoln VITA Coalition can assist you in exploring and protecting your rights.
Lincoln VITA offers tax appointments for United States residents and for international visitors.
Appointments are open now and run through April 12, and are available at multiple locations throughout the Lincoln area. A full site schedule is available for you to check which time and location works best for you. Use this form to sign up for your appointment.
Items will need to bring to your appointment:
- Social Security Card and photo identification
- Social Security numbers and birth dates for all dependents
- W-2 and all other income forms (ex: 1099-MISC, 1099-R, etc.)
- Banking information for deposit/debit, routing number and account number
- Tax identification numbers for any and all daycare providers
- If filing jointly, both you and your spouse must be present to sign the return
- As a college student, you must bring your 1098T and student account information showing payment of tuition and qualified fees