University Housing and University Dining Services are implementing new sustainability practices that will reduce paper consumption when communicating with students.
The new practices include moving promotional messaging from table tents onto digital signs. The policy will go into effect August 1, 2016.
A strategic communications plan to install digital signs was developed in 2014 and the first phase of installation in dining centers was completed last year. Phase two of the project identified additional key locations and installation has been ongoing throughout the 2016 academic year.
Phase three will expand signs into residence hall traffic ways.
Student organizations and other university departments and affiliates can submit content for use on digital signs in residence halls and dining centers on the University Housing website: http://go.unl.edu/request-digital.
New policies for submission can be reviewed at: http://go.unl.edu/digital-sign-policy.
Key policies of interest to organizations and departments previously using table tents for student messaging include:
· Table tents are no longer accepted for display at any University Dining Center as of August 1, 2016.
· Content from RSOs can be submitted beginning August 1, 2016.
· Content requests are to be made through the submission website.
· Requests must be submitted at least seven business days in advance prior to the proposed start date.
· Content can be posted no more than 14 days prior to the event date and is automatically removed at midnight the day the event concludes. Informal postings not associated with an event can be posted for up to three weeks.
· The University Housing marketing department reserves the right to edit any submitted material and will have discretion over all content submitted.
· Submissions are determined on a first-come, first-served basis with understanding that University Housing content takes priority over all requests.
Questions can be directed to Shari Rosso (email@example.com) or Derek Niewohner (firstname.lastname@example.org).
More details at: http://go.unl.edu/28zu