College students have an increased risk for infectious diseases because they live, work and study in close quarters with thousands of others who could expose them to new viruses.
To help keep your student well, take a moment this summer to review their vaccination records and make sure they are up to date.
If your student is missing a vaccine, the University Health Center Immunization Clinic can help. Common immunizations we provide to students include:
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis (Tdap): One Tdap booster recommended for every student
- Meningococcal ACWY: Recommended for every student
- Meningococcal B: Recommended for every student, especially those living on campus
- Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR): Required by the university
- Hepatitis B: Three injections that can prevent a serious viral disease affecting the liver
- Hepatitis A: Two injections that are especially important for anyone traveling outside the U.S.
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV): Three injections that help prevent genital warts, cervical cancer and many other cancers
Students can schedule an appointment with the Immunization Clinic over the summer or when they return to campus in the fall by calling 402.472.5000. Appointments are offered Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. All immunizations (except influenza) have a charge, which can easily be submitted to private insurance.
More details at: https://health.unl.edu/immunization-clinic