The College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln has designated April 8-15 as CASNR Week. The 17th annual event celebrates the successes of all CASNR students, faculty, staff and alumni.
The CASNR Week Program Council, a student organization, has planned several events during the week to showcase and honor the college. According to Amanda Clymer, a senior agricultural economics major and co-president of the organization, the team has been making plans for CASNR Week since last fall.
“This week of celebration is planned, organized and executed by CASNR students. The events are really meant to bring everyone together to celebrate what makes this college so special,” she said.
CASNR Week kicks off on April 8 with a 5K Fun Run beginning at 9 a.m. on the East Campus Mall. No preregistration is required to participate. For event information and a course map, visit http://go.unl.edu/fun17.
The CASNR Week Awards Banquet will be on April 9 at the Nebraska Union. In addition to awards presented to current students, faculty and staff, the CASNR Alumni Association will also honor distinguished alumni.
A blood drive with the Nebraska Community Blood Bank, free lunch at the Nebraska East Union and a community night involving elementary schools near East Campus are other events scheduled for the week. CASNR Week will conclude with the 59th annual UNL Rodeo April 14-15 at the Lancaster Event Center.
“With a variety of events and opportunities, there are numerous ways students can participate and celebrate CASNR,” Clymer said.
CASNR Week Schedule:
- April 7: 6 – 8 p.m., Love Hall Chili Feed, Love Hall Memorial
- April 7: 7 – 11 p.m., Bull-a-Thon Bowling Tournament, Lanes ‘N Games, Nebraska East Union
- April 8: 9 a.m., CASNR 5K Fun Run, East Campus Mall
- April 8: 4 – 8 p.m., Burr-Fedde-Love Bull Fry, Burr Hall
- April 9: 5 p.m., CASNR Week Banquet, Nebraska Union, City Campus
- April 10: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., Nebraska Community Blood Bank Blood Drive, mobile unit on East Campus Mall
- April 10: Noon – 12:50 p.m., CASNR Education Abroad Leaders Luncheon, Nebraska East Union
- April 10: 2 – 4 p.m., Hospitality, Restaurant and Tourism Management Cookie Bake-Off, East Campus Recreation and Wellness Demonstration Kitchen
- April 11: 11 a.m. – 1 p.m., Lunch on the Lawn, Great Plains Room, Nebraska East Union
- April 11: 5 – 7 p.m., Community Night, Great Plains Room, Nebraska East Union
- April 12: Noon – 12:50 p.m., Club Advisor Luncheon, Nebraska East Union
- April 12: 4:30 p.m., Heuermann Lecture, Nebraska Innovation Campus
- April 12: 5 – 7 p.m. p.m., Spatterganza Forensic Science Fundraiser, Filley Hall
- April 13: Noon – 12:50 p.m., Ron & Marilyn Hanson Undergraduate TA Luncheon, Nebraska East Union
- April 13: 5 – 8 p.m., Sigma Alpha/Alpha Gamma Rho Hog Roast, AGR House, East Campus
- April 14: 7 p.m., University of Nebraska Rodeo Association Rodeo, Lancaster Event Center
- April 15: 1 p.m. and 7 p.m., University of Nebraska Rodeo Association Rodeo, Lancaster Event Center
For more information, contact CASNR Week Program Council advisors Karen Jackson at 402-472-7903 or Diane Wasser at 402-472-6251.
CASNR is in the University's Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources.
More details at: http://ianrnews.unl.edu/april-8-15-casnr-week