A new title from NCTM, Connecting the NCTM Process Standards & the CCSSM Practices, focuses on the Standards for Mathematical Practice set out in the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics (CCSSM). Although CCSSM features these standards prominently, they are not described in detail and are not integrated into CCSSM's standards for mathematical content. As a result, they are easy to overlook or ignore. By connecting CCSSM to previous standards and practices, including NCTM's, this book provides a valuable guide for teachers and administrators in implementing CCSSM to make mathematics education the best and most effective for all students. Read more at: http://www.nctm.org/catalog/product.aspx?id=14327.
NebraskaMATH Thu. Feb. 14, 2013
- Math Challenge: Less than 1,000 Game
- Make 2013 a summer of learning
- Making sense of the Standards for Mathematical Practice
- The Problem with some teacher evaluation systems
- Bus trip to NCTM in Denver
- Gates Foundation study: What makes a good teacher
- Resource: Connecting NCTM Process Standards and CCSSM
- Kearney High School featured in NCTM newsbrief
- Ratzel: Teaching mathematical discourse
- Math joke for February: Why Units Matter
- What’s all this talk about rigor?
Receive future newsletters from NebraskaMATH