Company name: Nebraska Heart Institute & Heart Hospital
Company website: http://www.neheart.com
Company description or mission:
We are Nebraska Heart, sometimes referred to by our initials, "NHI," Nebraska Heart Institute and "NHH," Nebraska Heart Hospital. NHI originated with the desire of the founding physicians to develop both their own range of services as well as the ability to provide these services to communities throughout the region.
This vision holds true today, as NHI delivers leading-edge services to Nebraska and northern Kansas. Our network of offices and affiliated hospital-based clinics enables patients to receive timely care close to home. In addition, the Nebraska Heart Hospital, located in southeast Lincoln, has dramatically reshaped the way in which patients receive care.
Nebraska Heart continues to have the largest staff of experienced professionals in the area, including 21 cardiologists, 5 surgeons, 3 anesthesiologists, and more than 500 support staff. Alongside the physicians, is a dedicated team of mid-level providers, nurses, technologists and staff; all committed to providing quality care and education to meet each patient's needs during diagnosis, treatment and recovery.
Nebraska Heart's team-based approach assures that proper and informed decisions are made from diagnosis through treatment and rehabilitation. Additionally, Nebraska Heart prides itself on same day service. This means convenient appointments for patients and information to referring physicians quickly.
Nebraska Heart continues to deliver leading-edge services. Our past history includes:
•First in Nebraska to provide angioplasty.
•First heart transplant in Lincoln.
•First off-pump bypass surgery.
•First Nebraska biventricular implantation.
•First drug-eluting stent.
•First heart hospital in Nebraska.
•More than 1,500 interventions annually.
•More than 650 pacemakers and 400 ICDs implanted per year.
•900 open-heart procedures annually.
Type of position: Internship
Hours: Part time
Category: Public Relations
Position title: Public Relations Intern
Assists Nebraska Heart Institute & Heart Hospital Marketing Department with special projects, such as graphic design, database updates, special event planning and website creative design.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Assists Marketing with design of new brochures.
2. Assists with logistics of internal and external special events and conferences.
3. Works with Marketing to ensure updates and accuracy of website components.
4. Follows organization protocols to update provider and patient databases.
5. Participates as a team member ensuring that Leadership is provided to clients and that our number one goal of providing Excellence of service and care to our patients and their families is accomplished every day.
6. Assists with the strategy and maintenance of NHH/NHI social media presence.
7. Collaborates with team members to design internal newsletter.
8. Consistently and reliably works scheduled hours.
9. Maintains strict confidentiality of patient and families.
10. Willingly shares and promotes expertise and Teamwork with fellow members.
11. Committed to conducting all behavior with Integrity and high ethical standards.
12. Communicates with patients, families and team members in a manner which promotes dignity and Respect.
13. Performs other duties as may be assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of general office practices and procedures.
2. Knowledge of graphic design skills including In-Design, PhotoShop, Word Press, PowerPoint and Excel.
3. Skill in operating a personal computer and various software packages such as the Microsoft Office suite.
4. Skill in operating office equipment such as copier, fax, telephone, calculator, etc..
5. Ability to follow written and oral instruction.
6. Ability to maintain the strictest of confidentiality.
7. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English.
8. Ability to relate to staff personnel and various outside contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
9. Ability to communicate effectively and positively.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school graduate or equivalent plus So., Jr. or Sr. level student in Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, Graphic Design or related course of study is required.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Sitting, standing, stooping, bending and stretching.
• Occasionally lifting of up to 20 pounds.
• Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, telephone, fax machine, copier and other office equipment as necessary.
• Vision must be correctable to 20/20 and hearing must be within normal range for telephone contacts.
• It is necessary to view and type on computer screens for long periods of time.
Normal office environment.
Ensuring patient access to quality healthcare, superior outcomes and a place where patients do come first.
Establishing our self as a public leader by way of innovation, originality and the imagination to influence and shape the future of healthcare.
Committed to caring for the patient with; Integrity, holding high moral and ethical standards; through Excellence of service and care; with Respect for different ideals and beliefs; through a Teamwork of physicians and staff to assure the best outcome; and finally with Leadership, achieved through influence and trust to place the patient first.
Job location: Nebraska Heart Institute, 7440 South 91st Street, Lincoln
Date posted: 2/13/13
Application deadline: 5/1/13
Application instructions: Send cover letter and resume to Mike Lefler,
Marketing Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
7440 S. 91st Street
Company name: Nebraska Heart Institute & Heart Hospital