UNL will hold the ninth-annual "Big Red Road Show" at Qwest Center Omaha from 1 to 3:30 p.m. Feb. 13. The theme for the 2011 Big Red Road Show is "Huskerwood," spotlighting 75 interactive exhibits with displays of star-studded alumni and A-list career possibilities. Admission is free.
Big Red Road Show is designed to help high school seniors make their final decisions about college, and high school juniors and sophomores to begin their college search. Students of all ages and adults can attend to experience a glimpse of college life at UNL. Representatives from all UNL undergraduate colleges, graduate studies, and Student Affairs offices such as Scholarships and Financial Aid, Career Services, and Admissions will be on hand. Upwards of 3,000 visitors are expected at the event.
Highlights of the event include:
- Spirit showcase featuring schools across the Omaha metro area and a special performance by the Nebraska Spirit Squad
- Hear music performed by winners of the TUNE songwriting contest
- Drawing for a free netbook computer (must be present to win, must be a high school student)
- Drawing for a textbook stipend from University Bookstore to one admitted student
- Free graduation limousine ride for Old Market Limo to one admitted student
- Free Old Chicago pizza party to the high school with the most students attending
- Free T-shirts to all high school students who visit each exhibit
All attendees should enter the Qwest Convention Center doors. More information about the Big Red Road Show is available at http://roadshow.unl.edu.
- Amy Grantzinger, Admissions
More details at: http://go.unl.edu/hya