Morrill Hall to change fees July 1
Released on 06/11/2012, at 2:00 AM
Office of University Communications
University of Nebraska–Lincoln
WHEN: Sunday, Jul. 1, 2012
Effective July 1, the University of Nebraska State Museum will increase its fees for regular admission, group reservations, and educational programming at Morrill Hall, south of 14th and Vine Streets on the University of Nebraska-Lincoln City Campus.
The new museum admission fees will be:
- $13 family admission (includes up to two adults with their children or grandchildren 18 and under); $6 adults (19 and above); and $3 for children 5 to 18.
- Mueller Planetarium ticket prices remain unchanged at $3 adults and $2.50 children 18 and under.
- Museum admission remains free for children 4 and under, Friends of the Museum members, AAM/ASTC member card holders, and UNL students, faculty, and staff with NU ID. Additionally, active-duty military personnel and their families will also enjoy free admission from Memorial Day through Labor Day as part of the Blue Star Museum program.
- Fees for self-guided group reservations for 10 or more individuals will be $5 adults and $3 children. Group reservations must be made at least 24 hours in advance for reduced rates to apply.
The new education programing fees will be: Gallery programs led by museum educators are $7 adults and $5 children. The charges for renting educational kits are $35 Encounter and $15 Shoebox.
Morrill Hall will continue to offer free admission on Thursday nights throughout the summer. The public may visit the museum free of charge from 4:30 to 8 p.m. Thursdays through Aug. 30. Regular admission to planetarium fulldome shows will apply.
For more information about educational kits, group reservations, and gallery programs, contact the Reservations Department at 402-472-6302 or by email.
Established in 1871, the University of Nebraska State Museum is the state's premier museum of natural history. Hours are 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Wednesday and Friday-Saturday; 9:30 a.m.-8 p.m. Thursdays; and 1:30-4:30 p.m. Sundays. Parking is free in front of the museum. For more information, visit www.museum.unl.edu.
Writer: Dana Ludvik, Public Relations Coordinator, NU State Museum, 402-472-3779
News Release Contacts:
- mharris2, Associate Director, University Museum