'Big Red Road Show' is March 3 at Century Link Center
Released on 02/20/2013, at 2:00 AM
Office of University Communications
University of Nebraska–Lincoln
WHEN: Sunday, Mar. 3, 2013
WHERE: CenturyLink Center, 455 N. 10th Street, Omaha
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln's "Big Red Road Show" is scheduled for the CenturyLink Center in Omaha from 1 to 3:30 p.m. on March 3.
More than 75 interactive exhibits will be in attendance as UNL brings the best of campus to Omaha under the theme of "Honor the Past; Build the Future." The Big Red Road Show will honor Nebraska's past through research, academics and athletics, while sharing the opportunities for student discovery, academic excellence and student life. Admission is free. Representatives from all UNL undergraduate colleges, graduate studies, and student affairs offices such as Scholarships and Financial Aid, Career Services, and Admissions will be on hand. Upwards of 3,000 visitors are expected at the event.
Highlights of the event include:
- Free T-shirt to attendees who bring the coupon found in the Omaha World-Herald
- Talent showcase featuring special performances from schools across the Omaha metro
- Drawing for a free laptop computer (must be present to win, must be a high school student)
- Drawing for a textbook stipend from University Bookstore to one admitted student
- Free graduation limousine ride for Old Market Limo to one admitted student
- Free Old Chicago pizza party to the high school with the most students attending
- Free T-shirts to all high school students who visit each exhibit
Another feature of the Road Show will be the Teacher Recognition Tailgate. Educators and administrators in the Omaha area will be honored who have made a positive impact on current UNL students. Visit http://go.unl.edu/tailgate for more information.
All attendees should enter the CenturyLink Center convention doors. More information about the Big Red Road Show is available on the Web at http://roadshow.unl.edu. Sponsors for the event include Channel 94.1 FM, Old Chicago, Old Market Limo, Selden Trucking, University Bookstore, University Housing, UNL Print, Copy, Mail and Distribution Services and the UNL Computer Store.
News Release Contacts:
- Amber Hunter, Director, Office of Admissions