Journalism dean finalists to visit campus
Released on 11/25/2013, at 1:54 PM
Office of University Communications
University of Nebraska–Lincoln
Five candidates are finalists for the dean of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln College of Journalism and Mass Communications. Selected by a search committee, the candidates will visit campus separately Dec. 3 through Dec. 17.
Each candidate will participate in a public presentation during his or her visit. Faculty, staff and students are encouraged to attend the presentations, each of which will conclude with a reception.
The finalists and the dates of their visits are:
- Peter Bhatia, editor and vice president/content of The Oregonian newspaper in Portland, Ore., and president of the Accrediting Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communications, Dec. 16-17.
- David A. Craig, associate dean for academic affairs and professor of journalism at the University of Oklahoma, Dec. 2-3;
- Derina R. Holtzhausen, professor and director of the School of Media and Strategic Communications at Oklahoma State University, Dec. 12-13; and
- Roger M. Lavery, dean of the College of Communication, Information and Media and professor of journalism at Ball State University, Dec. 9-10;
- Maria B. Marron, chair and professor of the Department of Journalism at Central Michigan University, Dec. 5-6;
For more information, go to http://www.unl.edu/svcaa/CoJMC-search.
Writer: Steve Smith