Nearly 4,500 UNL students named to Deans' List/List of Distinguished Students
Released on 02/08/2016, at 2:01 AM
Office of University Communications
University of Nebraska–Lincoln
Nearly 4,500 University of Nebraska-Lincoln students have been named to the Deans' List/Explore Center List of Distinguished Students for the fall semester of the 2015-16 academic year.
Qualification for the Deans' List varies among the eight undergraduate colleges and the Explore Center. Listed below are the minimum requirements for each entity and the name of its respective dean or director. All qualifying grade-point averages are based on a four-point scale and a minimum of 12 or more graded semester hours. Students can be on the Deans' List for more than one college.
- College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources, 3.75; Dean Steven F. Waller.
- College of Architecture, top 10 percent of the students in the college; Interim Dean Scott Killinger.
- College of Arts and Sciences, 3.7; Dean Joseph Francisco.
- College of Business Administration, 3.6; Dean Donde Plowman.
- College of Education and Human Sciences, 3.75; Dean Marjorie Kostelnik.
- College of Engineering, 3.5; Dean Tim Wei.
- College of Journalism and Mass Communications, 3.7; Dean Maria Marron.
- Hixson-Lied College of Fine and Performing Arts, 3.7; Dean Charles O'Connor.
- Explore Center for undeclared, pre-engineering, pre-health and pre-law students, 3.6; Director of Undergraduate Education Nancy Mitchell.
The following is a list of Deans' List and Explore Center List of Distinguished Students honorees by hometown, state and country. The first section is for students from Nebraska, the second is for students from elsewhere in the United States and the third is for international students. Some international students are listed under their adopted hometowns in the United States.
A full list of Deans' List/List of Distinguished Students honorees is available at http://go.unl.edu/akmb.
News Release Contacts:
- Sean Hagewood, News Coordinator, University Communications