Deadline: Action is required no later than April 1, 2022.
As discussed in a recent Graduate Chair Dialogue session, the Office of Graduate Studies is collecting annual program-specific application updates for CollegeNet. We're asking you to examine your requirements and consider making changes that can eliminate unnecessary barriers to applicants while also focusing on inclusivity. Some questions to consider:
- Is an entrance exam still necessary for your applicants? If testing has been made optional within the past two years without issue, can it be removed entirely?
- Are your course worksheets working as intended to improve the evaluation process, or are they added unnecessary steps applicants must complete?
- Do you have specific guidance text for resume/CV and personal statement? If so, do they embrace the varied experiences applicants have and allow for the diversity and culture of their backgrounds to come through? When were your prompts last reviewed by your graduate committee?
- Is there information you can add to your program description on the application that will eliminate frequent issues or commonly asked questions?
- Access the Academic Program Update Form and select Application Update. Note: You must be logged into unl.edu to access the form.
- Only submissions by Graduate Chairs are accepted unless otherwise arranged with Graduate Studies.
- Changes to Submit: Complete the form and click submit, for your program(s).
- No Changes to Submit: you will submit the form with all fields left at “No Changes.”
Thank you for your continued partnership.