The Office of Academic Success and Intercultural Services is inducting their fourth class into the Jackie Gaughan Multicultural Center Hall of Fame. The JGMC Hall of Fame was created to honor outstanding multicultural alumni of the University of Nebraska – Lincoln who have made a significant impact on the students, the university, and the community.
The JGMC Hall of Fame will take place from 5 to 5:45 p.m, October 1 in the Nebraska Union Swanson Auditorium.
As part of Multicultural Homecoming at Nebraska, the Office of Academic Success and Intercultural Services invites everyone to attend the 2021 Jackie Gaughan Multicultural Center Hall of Fame Ceremony. All recipients of the JGMC Hall of Fame embody inclusive excellence and continue to create positive, sustainable change in their community. The recognition is given to individuals who continue to serve as an advocate and support for students. Their leadership and continued support make them role models to the Husker community.
The 2021 Jackie Gaughan Multicultural Center Hall of Fame award winners are the following:
- Romulo “R.J.” Vega, Mexican American Student Association
- Cynthia K. Gooch-Grayson, Ph.D., Afrikan Peoples Union
- Vernon J Miller, University of Nebraska Inter-Tribal Exchange
- Chau Nguyen, Asian Student Union
- Kalu Osiri, Ph.D., Dr. Michael W. Combs Legacy Award
- Marty Ramirez, Ph.D., The JGMC Influencer Award
More details at: https://events.unl.edu/OASIS/2021/10/01/157814/