The Nebraska Department of Agriculture (NDA) is currently accepting applications for its biggest youth outreach event — the Nebraska Agricultural Youth Institute (NAYI). NAYI brings together hundreds of high school juniors and seniors for one week every year to learn more about Nebraska agriculture, network with ag leaders and discover the many careers available in agriculture. NAYI will be held July 10–14 at University of Nebraska–Lincoln East Campus and will feature speakers, workshops, agricultural education, networking with peers and industry leaders, professional development, leadership experience, fun and new friends! Students selected to attend NAYI do so free of charge due to generous donations from numerous agricultural businesses, commodity groups and industry organizations. Applications are at https://nda.nebraska.gov/nayi and must be submitted online by April 15. NDA selects students to attend NAYI based on their leadership skills, interests and involvement in agriculture.
4-H - Lancaster County Fri. March 31, 2023
- 4-H Members and Leaders — Re-Enroll by April 1!
- Virtual Companion Animal Challenge Entries Due April 1
- Governor’s Agricultural Excellence Awards Due April 1
- Volunteer Virtual Lunch and Learn Series, April 17–20
- Next Horsemanship Level Testing April 25; Register by April 18
- Cat Show Prep Workshop, April 22
- Furniture & Home Decor Painting Workshop, April 15; Register by April 10
- Attend Kiwanis Karnival, April 14
- Ag Youth Institute Deadline is April 15
- Horse Dressage Schooling Show, April 29; Register by April 15
- Illustrated Presentation Contest, April 22; Register by April 17
- Spring Leader/Volunteer Update Training, April 27
- Order Seeds for Special Garden and Agronomy Projects by End of April
Receive future newsletters from 4-H - Lancaster County