4-H families have the opportunity to participate in the special garden and/or special agronomy projects this year. The Special Garden Project is Mrs. Burns’ Lemon Basil. Lemon basil has a unique lemon flavor and can be added to any recipe or to cut flower arrangements to add scent and interest. The Special Agronomy Project is Tepary beans. Tepary beans (pronounced tep-uh-ree) are an ancient crop, native to the northern part of Mexico and the southwestern part of the U.S. Beans can be multiple sizes and colors and offer drought tolerance other legumes do not. Seed packets are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Call the Extension office at 402-441-7180 to sign up for these special projects. The seed packages are free and one seed packet per project, per family. Seeds will be mailed after April 30.
4-H - Lancaster County Fri. March 31, 2023
- 4-H Members and Leaders — Re-Enroll by April 1!
- Virtual Companion Animal Challenge Entries Due April 1
- Governor’s Agricultural Excellence Awards Due April 1
- Volunteer Virtual Lunch and Learn Series, April 17–20
- Next Horsemanship Level Testing April 25; Register by April 18
- Cat Show Prep Workshop, April 22
- Furniture & Home Decor Painting Workshop, April 15; Register by April 10
- Attend Kiwanis Karnival, April 14
- Ag Youth Institute Deadline is April 15
- Horse Dressage Schooling Show, April 29; Register by April 15
- Illustrated Presentation Contest, April 22; Register by April 17
- Spring Leader/Volunteer Update Training, April 27
- Order Seeds for Special Garden and Agronomy Projects by End of April
Receive future newsletters from 4-H - Lancaster County