Nebraska LTAP shared the following announcements and reminders at the recent NACO district meetings:
- Current LTAP Staff:
- LTAP Website Address is https://www.ltap.unl.edu
- Listing of Courses can be found at https://www.ltap.unl.edu/assnfe/SearchCourses.asp
- See our Online Resource Library at https://www.ltap.unl.edu/SearchPage.asp?Type=7
APWA NORTH AMERICAN SNOW CONFERENCE
- CHI Health Center, Omaha, April 16-19
- Volunteer for a day to get free registration for the day!
Sign-up at https://go.unl.edu/nasc_vol
- Event web site and general registration:
- The 2023 Snow Conference has it all, from expert-led snow and ice education sessions to an exhibit floor full of vendors excited to show you the latest winter maintenance solutions for your community. Make plans now to join your peers and take advantage of everything the Snow Conference has to offer. See you in Omaha!
REMAINING IN-PERSON EVENTS FOR 2023
- Winter Maintenance Workshop, Hastings, June 21-22
- MINK Regional Local Roads Conference, St. Joseph, MO, mid-September
- NLTAPA Regional Local Roads Conference, Sioux Falls, SD, October 24-26
RURAL ROAD SAFETY CENTER PROGRAMS
- Road Safety Champions Webinar Series – First Friday of each month from 10 AM to 12 PM Central or 9 AM to 11 AM Mountain. Register at https://go.unl.edu/rsc_webinars
- Rural Road Safety Awareness Week! July 17-21, 2023
Join NE LTAP and/or the National Center for Rural Road Safety on Facebook to participate!
13th TRB Low Volume Roads Conference
- The 13th TRB Low Volume Roads Conference (held every four years) is in Cedar Rapids, IA July 23-26. Learn more about the conference at https://trb.secure-platform.com/a/page/lowvolumeroads
- Superintendent Pre-Exam Workshop, September 5-8, Location TBA, by invitation only
- Apply for the exam at https://dot.nebraska.gov/business-center/lpa/boards-liaison/bex/
BUILD A BETTER MOUSETRAP
- Share innovations from your department with other transportation agencies nation-wide.
- These innovations can range from the development of tools and equipment modifications to the implementation of new processes that increase safety, reduce cost, and improve efficiency of our transportation system.
- Talk to Megan about possible entries from your department.
HEAVY EQUIPMENT TRAINING
- Vista Training Inc. offers many heavy equipment training solutions, some of which are offered free to local agencies thru LTAPs website.
- Contact Phyllis for help signing up for a Vista online course or obtaining Vista training products or contact Mitch or other training resources or technical assistance in implementing your heavy equipment training program.
HIGH RISK RURAL ROADS & HIGHWAY SAFETY IMPROVEMENT PROJECTS
- Work zone and flagger kits, barricade purchase program, stop sign enhancement – on HOLD
- Statewide intersection lighting and guardrail improvement projects – Soliciting Interest
- Statewide Local Road Safety Plan – Under Development
- Please contact NDOT Local Assistance Division to talk about your highway safety challenges!
- Contact Linda for asset management and process improvement
- Contact Megan for MUTCD, work zone and highway safety, sign technician, temporary traffic control, and flagger courses and the Build a Better Mousetrap Program
- Contact Phyllis if you are interested in the two-week bridge inspector certification course or the fracture critical inspection course.
- Contact NDOT Local Assistance Division for Workforce Development Funding opportunities
The LTAP handout and NDOT presentations can be found on the LTAP web site.
More details at: https://www.ltap.unl.edu/neltap/2023_Spring_NACO_Meeting.asp