We know...it's been a long semester. Now that you have a little time to breathe, take a few minutes to look at your finances and see if there are some small changes you can make in the next year to reduce your financial stress.
Here are top tips from UNL's Financial Well-being / Student Money Management gurus to make you financially healthy in 2021.
- Check out your credit score. If it's not where you'd like it to be, use these tips to build it back up.
- Download a copy of your credit report and check for errors. Not sure what a credit report is? Read up here.
- Check in with your spending. Do you feel like you never have enough money at the end of the month? Start tracking your spending and get tools to make a budget
- Take a peek at your student loans. Not sure how much you have in student loans? Sign into the Federal Student Aid portal and try out the repayment estimator to see how much your monthly payment will be after you graduate
- Feeling overwhelmed? Make an appointment with a UNL Money Coach to get your money questions sorted out.