Welcome to campus, Huskers!
As you prepare for the upcoming school year, make sure you’re keeping your well-being a priority. The University Health Center can help. Check out these seven reasons to visit.
- Get medical care for an illness or injury - Almost everyone will get sick at some point during their college experience. When it happens, we’re here to help, whether it’s the common cold, the flu, COVID-19, strep throat, mono, a stomach bug or something else.
- Get vaccinated for COVID-19 - If you still need to be vaccinated, the University Health Center Pharmacy offers Johnson & Johnson vaccines on a walk-in basis – no appointment needed! Learn more.
- See a health care provider about an ongoing concern or disease - Certain medical conditions require a regular check-in with a health care provider, such as high blood pressure, diabetes and digestive issues. If you have or develop these concerns during college, our health care providers can meet with you regularly to help you manage it.
- Schedule a wellness visit - Going to the doctor isn’t just for the sick or injured. It’s for the healthy, too. It is recommended that college students get an annual physical and wellness profile, both of which we provide at the health center. Our staff also offers gynecological exams, pap smears, testicular exams, birth control prescriptions, IUD insertions and other reproductive wellness services to students of all genders.
- Get medicine - If you’re taking or are prescribed a prescription, save time and hassle by filling it on campus at the health center pharmacy. We also offer hundreds of over-the-counter products at an affordable rate. We stock everything from pain relievers and allergy medicine to vitamins and emergency contraception.
- Get your teeth cleaned - Don’t wait for break to take care of your teeth. Our dental clinic offers biannual dental exams and cleanings year round. If follow-up work is needed, we provide many of these services on-site, including fillings, crowns, bridges, cosmetic dentistry and more.
- See a specialist - We also offer optometry, dermatology, orthopaedics, mental health medication management, transgender health and nutrition counseling services.
If you need health care, we’re here to help. Call 402.472.5000 to schedule an appointment or visit our website to learn more about services, hours and location.
More details at: https://health.unl.edu