The annual Husker Dialogues introduces first-year students to tools for engaging in tough-but-necessary conversations centered on diversity and inclusion and to build community on campus and inspire change.
This year’s Husker Dialogues events take place across nine nights Sept. 7–23 Each night's events will be hosted from 7 to 8:30 p.m. via Zoom.
“The program was a part of my introduction to Husker experience,” says Summer Liu, a sophomore international business major and 2020 Husker Dialogue participant
Here are 5 steps for students to prepare for this year's program:
- You need to claim your Zoom ID using your UNL credentials at https://unl.zoom.us.
- Pay attention to your Huskers email account for your invitation. Your invitation will have the details of your session.
- Go to https://go.unl.edu/jointheconversation and fill out a short form to get the Zoom link prior to your session.
- All first-year students are expected to attend one of the sessions. If you have a conflict with the date on your invitation, you can request a change by filling out a form at https://go.unl.edu/hddatechange. You will receive a confirmation with your new date within two business days.
- Mark your calendar for your date and be sure to join the conversation!
At Nebraska, we believe in the power of every person. Every person and every interaction matters. Inclusive student excellence starts with you.
Sophomore political science major Ethan Dunn agrees. “You get out of Husker Dialogues what you put into it, and by engaging in meaningful conversations with others you can really learn a lot,” Dunn said.
Be Bold. Take the First Step. Join the conversation at Husker Dialogues 2021.
Husker Dialogues is hosted by the Offices of Academic Success and Intercultural Services (OASIS) and the Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI).
More details at: https://diversity.unl.edu/husker-dialogues