In the next 30 days, there are 9 workshops to help undergraduates with their academic success in the classroom. Hosted by the Center for Academic Success and Transition (CAST), every Husker can find benefit from any of the topics to be presented.
All workshops are free and no pre-registration is required.
SUCCESS WORKSHOP SERIES - FALL 2021
5 p.m. Wednesdays in Love Library South, Room 221
- September 8 | Listening in Lectures
Reading Strategies. Learn how pre-reading strategies can enhance in-class comprehension and participation.
- September 15 | Switchboard Operator
Note Taking Strategies. Learn to make connections between classes and life through personalized note-taking.
- September 22 | Procrastinators Unite...Tomorrow
Creating Motivation. Kick procrastination to the curb and develop strategies to finish the semester strong.
- September 29 | Welcome to the NO CRAM ZONE
Test Preparation. Learn to study effectively and prepare for exams while
keeping up in other classes.
- October 6 | Subterranean Homework Blues
Critical Thinking. Dig into concepts and learn how to ask deeper-level questions beyond names, dates, and places.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT WORKSHOPS - FALL 2021
5 p.m. Thursdays in Love Library South, Room 221
- September 9 | Listening in Lectures
- September 16 | Group Work
- September 23 | Avoiding Plagiarism
- September 30 | How to Give Presentations
Want more? Visit the CAST website to sign up for the First Year U Newsletter, to schedule free appointments with an Academic Success Coach, and to browse additional online tools to aid in your academic endeavors.